1. When given a temping assignment… Call the office immediately to confirm and get placement details (days and hours of temping assignment, contact person, directions to office, and any other pertinent information).
2. If requested, visit the office prior to placement and introduce yourself.
3. Dress appropriately (scrubs for clinical staff and business attire for front desk personnel).
4. Arrive on time! Give yourself plenty of time to familiarize yourself with the office: your operatory, equipment, supplies, and patient charts. If office holds a morning huddle, attend.
5. Your time is the DOCTOR’s time! DO NOT do personal business while on temping assignment. If a patient cancels, ask other staff members how you can assist them. Stay productive. Leave any essential personal business until your lunch hour.
6. DO NOT participate in gossiping of any kind. DO NOT discuss your hourly rate. DO NOT discuss items that should be kept confidential (what happens in the office should stay in the office).
7. Call Dental Temps AZ immediately if:
– You are unable to fulfill a placement you have confirmed
– If your temping assignment changes (ie: length of time) or is cancelled by employer
– Are asked to become a permanent employee
– Have any concerns regarding your placement
8. BE PREPARED! Have all paperwork (time sheet, etc) readily available and any personal instruments sterile and ready for use.
9. Familiarize yourself with our Mission Statement and Core Values AND strictly adhere to them.
Questions to Ask When Confirming:
- Date, Time and Location of assignment
- Appropriate attire (ie: color of scrubs, attire for front desk personnel)
- Any special considerations
Prior to Beginning Work Day:
- Greet and Introduce yourself to all staff
- Provide all pertinent paperwork
- Verbiage doctor would like you to use when patients ask you, “WHO?” and “WHY?”